Town of Owego Town Clerk / Taxes
Assessor Building Planing Zoning Dog Control Parks Department Hihway Department Water and Sewer
Official Notifications Town Supervisor Town Board Town Clerk / Taxes Town Court Contact Info


Town Clerk & Taxes

2354 State Route 434
Apalachin, NY 13732

Phone (607) 687-0123 Dept. # 2
Fax (607) 687-6381



Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM


Michael E. Zimmer, Town Clerk & Mary Kennedy Receiver of Taxes
Loretta Marchewka, Deputy Town Clerk

Town Board Agenda is subject to change. Items may not always appear on the web-site prior to the meeting.


Town of Owego 2015 Town & County Tax Bill Information.
This only reflects payments made on or before April 30th 2015 to the Tax Receiver.
Payments can still be made to the Tioga County Treasurer's Office after April 30th, 2015.
For more infomation please contact the
Tioga County Treasurer at (607)-687-8670.

Handicap Parking Tag Application (pdf)
Current driver license required for Identification.

Guidelines for Applying for a Marriage License (pdf)

Marriage License Application (pdf)

NYS Committee on Open Government

FOIL (Freedom of Information Request) Application (pdf)


Dog Licensing – Application (pdf) & General Information

Kennel vs Purebred Licenses (pdf)

Other General Information:


Sporting License        Birth/Death/Marriage Records        Gaming Licenses       Concession Permits
Peddler Permits         Water & Sewer Payments                Town & County Tax Payments

Helpful Internet Sites

Dog Licensing – Application & General Information

  • Dog License Application (pdf)

  • Proof of current Rabies Vaccination is required for the original license and each time the license is renewed if the vaccination expires within thirty days of the issuing the license.

  • Spay or Neutering Certificates must be furnished in order to obtain the reduced license fee. If a dog is originally licensed as unspayed or unneutered, the certificate is required for future renewals

  • Please update your phone number anytime a change occurs.

  • Please report any change in the dog’s status RE: death, transfer of ownership, change of address etc.

  • The first tag you receive when you originally license your dog is the dog’s permanent ID number. Lost tags may be replaced at anytime at a cost of $3.00.

  • Licenses are effective one year from the date of issuance. Licenses cannot be issued in advanced.

  • Renewals are issued by the Owego Town Clerk.  You may either bring it in or mail it to the Town of Owego Clerk’s office.

Sporting License - General Information

  • For NYS residents’ proof of residency is required for each year the license is purchased. Residency proof: current NYS Driver’s, Voter registration card, three consecutive months of utility bills (electric, phone, cable) or three months of pay stubs with your home address not a post office box.

  • Hunter Safety courses or a previous big game licenses are required for proof of hunting qualifications.

  • Pennsylvania Bow Hunter licenses are not valid proof of qualifications in NYS.

  • Back Tags are not proof of hunter qualifications.

Birth/Death/Marriage Records – General Information

  • Genealogical searches are performed by Town Clerk Staff members ONLY. Records are not available for public inspection.

  • Birth Records for other than genealogical purposes are available for legally documented reasons if requested by someone other than the person or parents named on the certificate. Legal Guardians not named on the certificate must provide court certified legal guardian papers.

  • Death Records for other than genealogical purposes are available for legally documented reasons if requested by someone other than parent, spouse or child of the deceased.

  • Marriage Records for other than genealogical purposes are available for legally documented reasons if requested by someone other than the bride or groom

  • Information found as a result of a genealogical search is available after the following time table:

  • Birth - 75 years after person is suspected of being deceased

  • Death - 50 years after person is known to be deceased

  • Marriage - 50 years after both bride and groom are believed to be deceased.                                                                                          

  • Searches are performed as time allows and is dependent upon what information is provided at the time of the request. Searches covering time spans of five or more years require more time.

  • No verifications will be given over the phone or in person without adequate proof of identity and the necessity of access to the record.

  • Written requests must be notarized and accompanied with photo identification.

  • Vital Records are not subject to the NYS Freedom of Information Law.

Gaming Licenses – Bingo, Bell Jar, Raffles and Games of Chance

  • All organizations needing a Gaming License need to file with the NYS Racing & Wagering Board and obtain an identification number prior to applying for a license. All forms can be downloaded from the NYS Racing & Wagering Web Site.

  • Organizations conducting a raffle should have a number but are not required to obtain a license unless the value of the raffle award exceeds $25,000.00

  • All licenses must be issued a minimum of three weeks prior to the event


Concession Permits

  • Concession Permits are $10.00 per occasion. All applicants selling food must have a Health Certificate from the Tioga County Health Department (687-8565) prior to applying for a permit. This permit is only in effect in the Hickories Park. The Parks Superintendent has the right to limit the area where the permit holder is selling his/her services. Stipulations if any should be researched prior to applying by calling the Park Superintendent at 687-1199. No refund will be issued under any circumstances.

Peddler Permits

  • Peddler permits are valid outside of the Village and the Hickories Park. These permits allow door to door solicitation. Applications are available in the Town Clerk’s office. All peddlers must provide the make and model of all vehicles being used. All solicitors must have photo identification filed with the permit. The Clerk will issue one permit. Copies need to be made for all solicitors and presented upon request. The fee is ten dollars and is not prorated during the year. All permits expire at Midnight on December 31.

Water and Sewer Payments – General Information (for properties located outside the Village of Owego)

  • Payments are accepted in person or by mailing to the Town of Owego, 2354 State Route 434, Apalachin, NY 13732.

  • When paying in person, please bring the complete bill, the usage portion will be stamped and is your receipt. When paying by mail, your cancelled check will serve as your receipt.

  • Currently only checks, money orders and cash are acceptable payments. Debit and Credit Cards are not accepted at this time.

  • All invoices for the current year must be paid prior to or on September 30. Any billed service prior to September 30 will be re-levied on the Town and County Tax bill for the property.

  • If you use a service to make your payments, make sure you have the account number and property address included on the check. Unidentifiable payments will be returned to the source.

Town and County Tax Payments – General Information

  • Town and County Tax Notices are usually mailed to the property owners and lending institutions by December 30. Taxpayers who do not have an escrow account and do not receive their notice by the second week of January are advised to contact the Town Clerk/Tax Receivers office for an additional copy. Taxpayers may click on the link for the current year’s taxes and either re-print a bill or a receipt.

  • Currently only checks, money orders and cash are acceptable payments. Debit and Credit Cards are not accepted at this time.

  • When the end of the month falls on a weekend, a payment may be paid in person on the first business day of the following month.

  • Only legible postmarks made by the US Postal Service are used to determine when a payment was mailed. Dates printed by non US Postal machines are not acceptable proof.

  • NYS Real Property Tax law states that the taxes are due whether or not the property owner receives the tax notice.

  • Payments must be made in full. No partial payments will be accepted.

  • The final date for payment is April 30. All remaining unpaid bills will be returned to the Tioga County Treasurer.

  • The tax information on the website only reflects payment made up to and including April 30th. Taxes paid after April 30th, are not posted since they are collected by the Tioga County Treasurer.

Helpful Internet Sites


NYS Department of Motor Vehicles


NYS Department of Environmental Conservation


NYS Department of Health-Vital Records


NYS Committee on Open Government


NYS Comptroller


NYS Racing & Wagering


Tioga County Government


Village of Owego Government


Privacy & Disclaimer

Website hosted & maintained by

Water & Sewer
Highway Department
Parks Department
Dog Control
Assessor Building Planning Zoning
Town Supervisor Town Board
Contact Info
Official Notifications Town Clerk /Taxes Town Court